17 days ago about the time we were told the “back to school” date had changed for the beginning of April to the beginning of May; I put some ideas together. These different ideas came together to form a make-shift lesson plan to do with my 4 yr. old son Ian. Among these ideas were….
- a letter of the day A-Z, turn this cutout letter into a word starting with that letter
- reading at least 2 chapters a day form our chosen chapter book
- a number of the day 1-20
- trace and write the number of the day
- Make flashcards with letters on one side and numbers on the other
- go over these flashcards twice a day
- Letter scavenger hunt – go through each room of your house and find two of that letter in each room. The letter can be found in print form and an item like B for Batman
- reinforce the letter and number of the day with activity book pages
Due to my impaired motor skills and left-brain personality, I have enlisted everyone in my house to help us. Ledgeable printing, hot gluing and some creative input are all thanks to my household. My sister-in-law Nicole makes and cuts out the letters of the alphabet for us. Then I ask people for words or I look on Pinterest for ideas and examples. Keeping in mind what supplies we have as well as my limited skills, we then chose a word. This is our work in progress…..